- Exclusive Memoryseal™ seats compensate automatically for wear and fluctuations of pressure and temperature.
- Unique 4-Way and 3-Way packing arrangements for superior stem sealing (refer to page 7 for details).
- TA-Luft certified.
- Multiple solid cup and cone type PTFE stem seal and graphite packing.
- Stem guides prevent side thrust.
- Long cycle life
- Low, uniform torques.
- Blowout-proof stem.
- Fully enclosed PTFE body seal.
- Metal-to-metal contact between insert and body act as secondary seal and prevents overcompression of the seats.
- Pipe flange gasket acts as third precautionary seal as threads from the insert are within the raised face flange.
- Meets worldwide specifications. Design ASME B16.34, BS 5351, API 608(2), fire tested to API 607 Rev. 4, BS 6755 and API 6FA. ISO/CAPI for all parameters of standardized valve automation.
- Locking device standard for valves with lever handle.
- Highest standards of quality.
Over its 50 years of production activities Velan has earned a worldwide reputation for quality in design, manufacturing and valve performance.
The valves can handle a vast variety of fluids, slurries, semi-solids and almost any corrosive service in chemical, petrochemical, oil, gas, pulp and paper, processing and other industries.
- Permits in-line access for seat replacement.
- Can be welded into line without disassembly. Consult IOM manual for details.
- Full port reduces risk of clogging in slurries and solids applications.
- Body-cover joint not affected by pipe stresses.
- High sealing integrity of body-cover joint due to fully-enclosed spiral-wound stainless steel graphite gasket design.
- Solid Stellite 6 seats with large seating faces.
- Backup seal: Graphite to 1,000°F (538°C).
- Operation automatically wipes ball clean.
- Wall thickness complies with ASME B16.34.
- Stainless steel ball, hard chrome plated.
- Stainless steel blowout-proof stem.
- Low emission stem seal.
- Live-loaded two-piece flanged gland.
- Fully-guided stem reduces side thrust effect - no wobbling.
- Heavy stainless handle for manual operation. Up to 2" (50 mm) for regular port.
- Oval handles and extension handles available.
- Tightness rates: Allowable leakage rate at full AP: ASME/FCI 70-2 Class V. Tighter shutoff available upon request
- Off-center split-body design allows the use of advanced spiral-wound gaskets.
- Maximum temperature for CF8M 1,000°F (538°C), forWCB800°F(426°C).
- Full port ensures large capacity and reduces the risk of clogging when handling solids or slurries.
- Wall thickness complies with ASME B16.34 and BS 5351 for 2-12" ASME 150 and 300 full port only.
- Stem bearing reduces side thrust effect on packing and prevents stem wobbling.
- Integral seat locking option does not require additional parts or special tools.
- Scraper seats standard.
- Ball and seats lapped for optimum performance and tight shutoff.
- Low emission stem seal.
- Blowout-proof stem.
- Two-piece flanged gland. Live-loaded as standard.
- All valves with graphite packing and backup seal are inherently fire safe.
- Can be used for manual throttling applications. (For automation contact Velan Engineering.)
- Manual operation with handle for 2-4" (50-100 mm) FP and 3-6" (80-150 mm) RP. 6" (150 mm) FP, 8" (200 mm) RP and larger require gear or actuator. Gear or pneumatic actuator available.
- Tightness rates: Allowable leakage rate at full Delta P: ASME/FCI 70-2 Class V. Tighter shutoff available upon request.
- Oversized ball to stem connection provides:
- No deformation of the stem slot in the ball.
- Better throttling control performance.
- Less motion loss and wear in automatic on-off applications.
Xomox's, patented, live-loaded S2 sealing system provides superior stem sealing in the most demanding applications. The spherical design of the S2 seal and stem assures continuous contact, even during stem side loading.
Dual body gaskets are standard, a PTFE chemically inert seal and a secondary FT graphite seal.
Xomox's patent No. 6,837,482 diamond shaped, thermally assisted PTFE body seal, will seal at all tem peratures in its design range, even during thermal cycling. This unique design takes advantage of the differ ences in the rates of thermal expan sion between the PTFE and metal to enhance the seal.
- Sizes 1/2" through 8"
- ANSI Class pressure ratings of 150, 300, and 600
- Xomox Ball Valves provide tight shutoff from vacuum through rated pressure at temperatures from -20°F to 450°F.
- These valves are more versatile, and often out-perform, alloy valves.
- More economical than alloy valves.
- With FEP and PFA lining, cast, dovetail recesses and machined grooves lock the lining to the valve body casting. The locked-in lining is virtually impervious to shrinking, stress-cracking, collapse, or blowout.
- Unlike alloy valves, there is no need to inventory different valves for various applications.
- There is less chance of costly and dangerous installation errors.
- Media contamination is prevented.
- Positive shutoff.
- FEP and PFA locked-in lining.
- Tufline Lined Ball valves have a metal-to-metal body joint to control compression of the liner for assured sealing.
- The seats are easily and quickly replaced.
Both the standard and full-port valves are available with extended packing for enhanced control of fugitive emissions.
Since 1979 the Cam-Tite Ball Valve has become a performance leader in tough-to-handle services. The combination of the patented sealing arrangement and the superior stem seal design has ushered the Cam-Tite into services where its design superiority has proven itself over plug valves and conventional floating ball type valves. Among the services where Cam-Tite Ball Valves have emerged as the solution are the following:
- Dry Chlorine
- Anhydrous HF
- Anhydrous Ammonia
- Anhydrous HCL
- High Vacuum